Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Genius

Mohandas Gandhi:
There are many causes I would die for. There is not a single cause I would kill for.
I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.
I regard myself as a soldier, though a soldier of peace.
I do believe that where there is a choice between only cowardice and violence, I would advise violence...
That which looks for mercy from an opponent is not non-violence.
If love or non-violence be not the law of our being, the whole of my argument falls to pieces.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.
Confucius:
What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.
I am not bothered by the fact that I am unknown. I am bothered when I do not know others.
Tell me something and I'll forget it, show me something and maybe I'll remember it, involve me and I will remember it.
Listen widely to remove your doubts and be careful when speaking about the rest and your mistakes will be few.
To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous.
Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.

No comments: